Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 90 of 90

Wow...did I really just type that? 90 of 90...doesn't seem like it's been 90 days...it's been a trip to say the least. What are my thoughts...

First of all, I went strict for the first like 5 weeks...almost 6...Superbowl Sunday was my first cheat day...and let me tell you, once I started, it just seemed so much more easier to take a small cheat here and there. It proves, if I want to do it, and I want to focus I can.

Next, when I last saw a doctor I think it was the first week of November...I was 225 lbs. I saw the doctor this past Monday...and was 205. While I did not get to the under 200lbs like I wanted, I can safely say I have lost inches where it counts, and have definitely gained some muscle...and since this is a continuing life habit, I'm sure I will get there at some point. No rush, it's a day to day challenge of living a better life for myself.

Next, I did not run a 5k yet. I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago. I'm not running much of anything, but I can say that going to WODs recently is getting me out of my shell and running. I hate running!!!! But I am more willing to try. Still plenty of time.

Last goal was to have more confidence with my physical self. This I can say is definitely coming true. I can see myself dressing in different shirts, that don't require me to cover up with a hoodie or hide with a cardigan. I am fitting into pants..."artist" at American Eagle is one step up from "skinny", yeah I am wearing those now. I couldn't fit into American Eagle pants 6 months ago.

Thoughts for the future? Keep blogging every once in a while...different challenges, thoughts, successes, am I continuing...it's gonna be interesting. Like I said...life changes. There is going to be a lot of ups and down, and I think that is going to keep life interesting too.

Tomorrow is the challenge. I'm nervous. I feel prepared. But I'm scared. I think I will have no problem, but I am glad it will be in the comfort of my own gym, surrounded by friends and with an awesome partner!!

I thank you for following me for the past 90 days, and taking interest in my challenge. Here's to another 90 and the rest of life. If even one person has kinda found inspiration in making different choices to make their life better, I am content. I have seen too much recently with family and friends and patients on my rotations being sick, having diabetes, having diseases states that are avoidable and mostly reversible. I don't want to get to that point, and knowing my family history and predisposition to some of these diseases states (my grandfather passed away from type 2 diabetes), I know that now is the time to figure out my life, and get myself together to set myself up for health success. Until the next one, thanks again all!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Those are some great observations from quite an interesting journey!

    ReplyDelete