Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38

Today was a day of traveling. Tomorrow I have an interview at Jackson-Madison County Hospital in Jackson, TN. So I left NY at about 2:40pm and started my long journey. I checked into my hotel at about 9:40pm (which was central time...so 10:40pm eastern time). And that was after about 2 hours of driving from Nashville. Since my morning/early afternoon were at home, I didn't have a problem with food (minus the cookie I grabbed running out the door to the airport). When I landed in Charlotte, I realized that it would be late when I landed in Nashville, and by the time I got the car and got going, I probably would only be situated to grab fast food. So I stopped a burger place and got a burger with bacon, avocado and sweet potato fries! SCORE! (minus the fact that they were probably fried). When I asked the girl for No Bun, she goes do you have an allergy? I answered yes, cause I didn't want to discuss my food choices with her, and was in a rush to catch my connecting flight. She wanted to then discuss how buns and burgers are cooked on the same grill. To which I answered "don't worry I won't die" and tried to keep her going. It worked, but it was a small chore. I just chuckled at how I had to say those things to justify my food choices. Kinda sad. Oh well. I ate. I did have a caramel machiatto to hold me over for my 2 hour drive from Nashville to Jackson. My only "treat" today. No CF today, obviously cause I am 1300 miles away in TN, and it's now 10:30pm here, and I have to be at the hospital before 8:30am. I'm hitting the sack early, so I can rest up. My interview goes til about 1pm, and then I have to head back to Nashville (the 2 hour drive) to catch my 5:15pm flight back to Albany. I won't get in til after 11pm, so no CF again. Double rest day. Hopefully my lungs will recover/ this cough will go away/the congestion will clear up. This head cold is killing me.

Oh that's another story. So I have had this head cold for over a week, and the past 2 days I have had a lot of pressure building up in my ears. I got nervous because I knew I would be flying. Well, my worst fear came true. Even after taking 120mg of pseudophed and using afrin before flying this afternoon. My ears were plugged during both flights, and the pain was so intense. I now feel for all the kiddies that can't pop their ears when they fly cause it hurts. The worst part? My left ear won't pop. So now I can't hear anything on that side, and the right side is kinda still plugged. Are you kidding me? I have an interview tomorrow. Hopefully they will understand when I have to tell them that I can't hear, that I am not actually deaf/not paying attention. Anyways, here's hopin. Haha

Happy Wednesday everybody!! Don't know how my Paleo will go tomorrow, with the interviews and traveling again. And I might not have a post since I get into Albany so late tomorrow, and still have to get to rotation in the AM. We shall see though!!

I haven't done a picture in a while...this is me participating in the Strongman class. I am doing a log press. It's not a real log, its just the way the weight is distributed on this type of barbell thing...hahaha. I did a 1RM (rep max) of 120lbs. (I think I blogged about this in my Day 36 blog) Anyways, I think this picture (from my amazingly awesome new friend Katie) is me throwing up 80lbs. Maybe you can see a difference in the picture that is at the top of my blog? It's been 36 days at this point when the picture was taken...



No comments:

Post a Comment