Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 50 of 90

Today as I was thinking about it...this whole Paleo eating just seems so normal, and every once in a while I choose to eat something that isn't exactly perfect for my body, but it isn't the all day everyday like I had previously in my life. Life is good. Things are good. And I am not missing out on things. Plus I keep finding new things to try. Like today the new green in my life was Kale. Holy awesome!! I ate a whole bunch at dinner time and already want more. I have a feeling when I finally invest int a blender that it will be a great addition to a smoothie to help me get more greens and veggies in my diet. Today at the grocery store I found myself not buying as much fruit. I am figuring if I don't buy it, I won't eat it and that will be a positive way to keep myself from plateauing. We shall see!!

So today...

CF workout x 2 (WOD and strongman)
WOD:
I. 25 KB swings (35lbs) x 4 rounds
II. "Jackie"
-1000m row (done in 4:20)
-50 thrusters @45lbs (thanks to my pal Stacia staying on me to finish these)
-30 ring rows
-finished the whole workout in 10:55
III. Work on walking handstands...lots of fun :)

Strongman:
I. 5 rounds of (I only did 2):
-5 Keg press (57lbs)
-5 Stone to shoulder (60lbs)
-5 KB swings (45lbs)
-5 deadlifts...I have no idea what the weight was...wasn't paying attention :) I just did it

Food:
Breakfast: none
Post-WOD Protein shake
Lunch: chiplotle bowl
Dinner: Pizza, and sauteed Kale
Snack: either an apple with almond butter or I am going to try the new coconut ice cream I found http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/product.php?p=so_delicious_nsa_chocolate

Sauteed Kale:
1 bunch of kale
olive oil
garlic powder
onion powder
crushed red pepper flakes
splashes of chicken broth
crushed garlic

I had a pan with left over sausage fat in it, and threw in everything. Stirred it up, and let it sautee for like 10 minutes. Came out fantastic!! I wanted more after I ate the whole bunch!! Haha

Here are a few pictures of me working out today...just for some photo updates for those of you that follow :) Thanks to my friend Stacia for taking these with her phone during class!! :)

Deadlifts

Stone to shoulder (60lb stone)

No comments:

Post a Comment