Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 53 of 90

Today was like any other day...uneventful. After rotation, I had a few meetings, and the last one was at the gym. People that are apart of the 90 day challenge, and were kinda feeling the slump of hitting the midpoint/day 50 got together to discuss challenges, problems, questions. It was nice to hear people are all having struggles, and I'm not alone in that boat. I haven't felt deprived or anything, but I do slip up on occasion. Today I got a caramel machiatto just cause I wanted to. For no reason really. Just because. But other are experiencing the same issues. Also within the discussion, we chatted a little about Zoning. While Paleo is about the quality food you are eating, zoning is about the quantity of food you are eating. You may have noticed in the past few weeks, some of my posts have mentioned not feeling hungry at night, or that I may be over eating in some capacity, so I jumped at this chance to learn more about the zone, have my own blocks set up, and learn a little more. I had been thinking maybe zoning might be a new way to go to keep the success of the 90 day challenge going...so here it was...right in my face...

After the meeting I sat down with Jay and asked him to help me out a little. We decided that I would be at 15 blocks, and he set up my day. 4-2-3-2-4 That's the blocks that I should be eating at each meal. It breaks down the protein, carbohydrates, and fat needed for each meal. And for each meal, I have to have that number of each category in the meal. It seems like it is going to be a lot of food, which I am very nervous about. But I will have to finagle some recipes, such as making a salad to meet some blocks, rather than shoveling down 4 cups of spinach. I think that over the next 3 days I am going to look into getting some ideas, learning more about things I eat now, and how they fit into the zones (ie: 1 apple =2 blocks) and plan for starting on Sunday with the zone. I'll also have to get a scale so I can weigh my meat and other stuff appropriately. Cause if I am going to do it, I'm doing it right.

Here is a website with some more information on it: http://journal.crossfit.com/2004/05/zone-meal-plans-crossfit-journ.tpl and an article that goes along with it breaking down a lot of the foods and their ratings: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf

So Wednesday = rest day as normal, so no CF today

Food:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, collard greens
Snack - Pecan Pie luna bar
Lunch - salad with grilled chicken
Snack - trail mix
Dinner - chicken meatballs, sauce, sauteed kale
Snack - apple with almond butter :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that's an intense system! Mr. Garibay would be so proud of all the math you're going to be using! That's awesome, though, that the universe brought you exactly what you needed in the discussion about zoning and support from other CFers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I died laughing about Mr. Garibay. :) Hahaha, amazing. I'm wicked nervous about starting this diet, but I think it's the right direction to go in with the diet. :) I'll keep you updated on how it goes Megan! I feel like we need to chat soon like for reals on a phone!! :)

    ReplyDelete