Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39 of 90

Is that right? 39? I had a long day filled with an interview in Jackson, TN, and then a full evening of traveling. It is midnight right now, I am writing this, and I have been home for 35 minutes and have showered and gotten into bed. Tomorrow will probably be a rough day at work and then hitting the WOD and games, but it's Thursday. It's gotta be done. :)

I had an issue with breakfast at the hotel this morning. They had nothing. I didn't have the willpower to ask for something different so I ate a type of granola bar I bought at Starbucks yesterday. It was a Raw bar. Might not have been 100% paleo, but it was better than the gluten fest that was the contenintal hotel breakfast. I would say it was 98% paleo :) Lunch at the hospital, I got nervous. They asked what we wanted and their first 2 suggestions were Chik-Fil-a and Subway. I asked if there was a salad bar, and there was, so things worked out well. After I finished at the hospital at 12:45pm, I headed straight to the road for the 2 hour drive back to Nashville to catch my plane. I was hungry by the time I got to the airport, and not wanting a full meal, I opted for an 80 calorie all fruit/juice smoothie. Of course my flight was delayed, so in being hungry around dinner time, I found Mrs. May's Pom-Blue Crunch (http://www.mrsmays.com/). Minus the rice malt and evaporated cane juice, I decided again it was a mostly paleo snack and went with it. SO stinkin good. If it turns out to be mostly okay, I will probably try to obtain more of the different flavors!! Finally got to DC after a late departure, had an hour layover and decided on a turkey burger, with bacon and a house salad. Totally hit the spot.

Anyways, I am home. Gotta hit the sack so I can have a super long day tomorrow. Almost done with my 5th rotation (2 more days!!), and Saturday I am volunteering to judge at the Tri-State Throwdown. I didn't sign up cause I was still unsure of myself, but I think after judging and hanging out for a lot of the day, it will push me to sign up for the next one. Plus I should have a job by then so I will be able to afford it. Then Sunday I am chaperoning the 5th year wine tour to Senaca lake. That will be a long day, and hopefully I will be able to not drink too much wine and eat well. Until then...happy Thursday all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment