Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10 of 90

Another successful day! Work was great, I'm really enjoying this rotation that I am on, and hope to learn so much. I forgot how much I do actually miss being in a retail pharmacy, and I love the small community pharmacy setting. Sigh. If only it was this easy to decide what job I want in real life in the next 4 months. Haha

Hit CF after work like normal...great work-out.
I. Heavy weight deadlift x 7 - ended up doing my heaviest at 185lbs
II. 3 rounds of ARMAP in 1 minute
-Kettlebell swings (26lbs)
-Box jumps (20 inch)
-Toes to bar (I did knees to chest)
-Jumping lunges (I did regular lunges)
-Rest 1 minute and repeat
Round counts: 77, 74, 77
III. Tabata push ups - I completed 42 pushups in the 4 minutes. Ouch.

I made dinner tonight, Chicken Curry with Cauliflower rice. Due to my lack of a food processor/ blender/ magic bullet /any thing like that, my "rice" did not come out, but I softened it and sauteed it on the stove a little, so I could still eat it underneath my curry. Recipe below after my day of eating. Cauliflower "rice" recipe will come out another day, when i figure out how to do it and have a product I am more proud of :)

Breakfast - Leftover Asian Shrimp Stir-fry (gotta finish it up! Its hard cooking for 1...so I just try to have leftovers for the week. It works with my busy schedule, so I don't have to cook as often)
Snack - Blueberries
Lunch - Wenda's Salad (turkey, tomatoes, onions, bacon)
Snack - Apple, pistachios...then at 5pm I was hungry as I was heading to the gym and grabbed some green bell peppers and a few almonds
Post-work out protein shake
Dinner - Chicken Curry with Cauliflower "rice"

Chicken Curry (Remember I estimate a lot of my measurements)

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbs ground ginger
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tsp ground coriander
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbs curry powder
1/2 Tsp ground cloves
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
1 Tsp sea salt
6 mushrooms
2 carrots
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
4-5 green onions chopped
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 (403ml) can unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 red onion diced

1. Mix the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, curry powder, cloves, sea salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
2. Chop the chicken breast into 1" pieces and put in the bowl with the spices to coat the chicken. Set aside
3. Wash and prepare the mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, carrots...all the veggies. Set Aside.

4. Over medium heat, add the 2 Tbs coconut oil to large pot. When hot, add chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and coconut milk. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.


5. Add remaining veggies, and cook til chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
6. Serve over cauliflower "rice" and enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. do you have a cheese grater? maybe that would work for the cauliflower rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the cheese grated that I have...it gave me like shaved cauliflower, and I was looking for more of a couscous texture :( I'll try to find something else though haha

    ReplyDelete