Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30 of 90

Wait. Hold the phone a sec. I've been doing a diet/exercise regimen type thingy for 30 days? I don't believe it. These past 30 days have flown. How fantastic has it been? Haha, it's been a roller coaster that's for sure. Good days, bad days, and amazing people to talk to or ask questions to when I have questions, or just give you a re-affirmation that you are doing a great job, or just to talk and say hi to. Daily when I hit ACF, I am amazed. Amazed at the people. I am seeing people do some impressive stuff that have been around for years, yet they are amazed by something I a 6-monther am doing. It feels good to have that positive reinforcement, and it is a highly encouraging thing to do take the next day and stride and to be better than yesterday. :)

Today I had my second interview for a residency position. I had a great feeling walking out of the hospital, but it's up to chance (or that's how I refer to it) in March. So we will see. Stay tuned. 2 more interviews in the next 2 weeks, then decision 3/21. Yup. That's the big day. Next year will be decided. As I progress further with CF, the idea of actually staying in Albany is not awful at all. I am excited at the chance to stay, and develop my friendships I am gaining daily I feel like. When I originally moved to Albany, it was to get in, do school and get out ASAP. Which 5 years ago equaled graduation day 5/12/12. It's amazing how life changes in 5 years, and where you end up unknowingly.

Anyways!! Completely off topic!!

Today food was a struggle. It was nice that at my interview they supplied us lunch, but I was a little flustered when lunch just showed up, and no dietary needs were taken into consideration. Normally it is asked, but it wasn't. I figured we would be sent to the cafeteria to find our own lunch, which would have been a completely better option at this point. But I let it go, didn't want to be "that person". So they brought in subs, who knows how great of quality the meat was, but subs nonetheless. Then, chips. Come on!! So it was time to improvise. I took a turkey sandwich and a ham sandwich. Picked off the lettuce and meet. Ate that. Thankfully I had packed celery and radishes as a snack, or the instance that this happened. So I rounded my lunch out with that. I had cashews to add some fat and fill me up, but I was so nervous for the interview, I didn't really notice, and just had a meatball/sauce when I got home at 330.

Food
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 bacon
Snack - blue berries and a few cashews
Lunch - see above
Snack - meatball w/ sauce
Post-workout Protein Shake
Dinner - didn't happen. Another struggle
Snack - apple with almond butter

Back to Dinner...I was not in the least bit hungry or interested in dinner tonight after working out. I'm not sure why this happened, but I am asking around if people have any reasoning or if they have any suggestions to make sure that I am not starving myself, if it is important to be eating after working out. We will see. Stay tuned :)

Workout: HOLY CRAP. I thought I was ligit gonna puke. First time ever. Josh (one of the coaches said "I've never seen you make that face before" hahaha He is normally around, pushing me to do better and keep going during my workouts and I am thankful that he is around for the classes that he is. I apologized for my almost about to puke in your face face and he goes it's okay it was kinda sexy. gross. hahahaha anyways, here it is...

I. 1k row - 4:24 felt good...nice and slow did it
II. 20 minute AMRAP
-20 thrusters - 95lbs, then dropped to 85 after 15 in the first round (see below)
-20 pull ups (aka ring rows for me)
-20 burpees

So...I threw on the 25lb bumpers to make my barbell 85...did a few, felt heavy, but Jay one of the coaches saw me and said you need to do 95 (which was the Rx weight). So I did it. I have noticed the past few weeks I haven't been pushing myself weight wise, so who was I to say no. So I grabbed 2-5 pounders, and bumped to 95. The WOD started, and holy shit. That 95 was heavy. I couldn't control it down, so I was dropping it and having to pick it back up. Talk about wasting energy!! I was at #15 of my first set of thrusters and it was 5:30 into the 20 minute work out!! I mentioned it to Josh and he said drop to 85. I did 85, and only go through 2 full rounds, and had to force myself to do 3 more reps to start the new set in the 20 minutes. It felt good hitting it hard, and pushing myself, but I wore myself out during that first 15 movements, and struggled (hence the I want to puke face). I did it though. Next time I will hit that 95lb weight, and I will get through 2 rounds + more just like I did tonight :)

Sorry for the long post, but so much happened today. It was just a great day all around. Happy Tuesday all!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on month one! Yes, you need to fuel yourself when you're working out, especially as hard as you are, but I think it's important to listen to your body because it knows what it needs! It's like how little kids are totally in tune with their hunger and eat what they want, but then their parents are all like, "clean your plate" and we teach that to eat from habit because they're supposed to...and then we mess them up for life, the end.

    ReplyDelete