Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 of 90

Wow, I feel really bad that my titles for each day are totally lame. But...it's helping me keep track. And for the next 26 days, it tells me what date it is... :)

Today was another day at Young's pharmacy. I met my preceptor, learned more about the pharmacy, and it's so interesting every day to learn more about a small business/ independent pharmacy. One of the lady's that works in the front of the general store is amazing. I told her that I can't eat bread, and since they give the students lunch everyday, she made me a salad with what she had. Such a sweetheart. I have a feeling I might start liking tomatoes by the end of this rotation cause I feel bad/rude not eating them :)

So I had packed up my gym stuff last night, got my protein shake ready, my snacks, and my clothing in my gym bag. Since I get off rotation at 5pm, I headed straight from Averill Park to CF, and had time to change and stretch before the WOD. Trust me. I needed it. Even with the day off yesterday, stretching yesterday (yes including my couch stretch in the evening), I was sore and tight. I don't want to have another day of complaining...but I will end with this. Never more than 2 days in a row off again!! :)

The WOD was fantastic. My partner in crime, Kim, is the best person that I could ask for at the gym. So encouraging, so funny, just awesome. And I always look forward to the workouts that we are at the gym at the same time. Plus she does one of the coolest things I've ever heard of. She is the "eyes" for a blind girl that skis! They are training for the Paraolympics right now. Here's a website that talks about Staci, the girl she skis with. Definitely worth reading, it's so cool. http://stacimannella.com/ And she's my workout buddy!!

Today's WOD was hard. Not gonna lie. Burpees = Death. I can always keep moving, and get through them, but I slow down, and it's just bad. Haha For those of you that don't know what a burpee is, please see this link for a short demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWphBk-Izh0

Let me wrap this up, I'm starting to ramble. Here's what the day looked like:

Breakfast - 3 eggs, blueberries
Snack - Almonds
Lunch - Salad with tomatoes, cracked pepper turkey, ham, roasted red peppers, fresh green peppers, fresh carrots, fresh celery, oil with seasoning for dressing
Post workout -Protein Shake
Snack - Fresh veggies with guacamole
Dinner - Chicken Stir Fry (I needed a change from all the spaghetti)

CHICKEN STIR FRY
coconut oil
4 chicken cutlets cut into pieces
I put the following seasonings, and I do not measure...just shake til appropriate :)
parsley
paprika
italian seasoning
onion powder
crushed red peppers
1 teaspoonful of crushed garlic from the fridge
Szechuan frozen veggie mix (it had snow peas, but I picked those out as I was eating dinner)
and the kicker secret...a drizzle of sesame oil

1) Warm pan and melt some coconut oil.
2) Cook chicken with garlic and add all spices as you determine you like
3) Add frozen veggies and let cook
4) As veggies are done cooking, drizzle sesame oil over the stir-fry. Stir.
5) Let simmer a few minutes, then enjoy!!


Workout:
I. 1 RM (rep max) Deadlift - 235lbs (PR!)
II. "Jeremy" 21-15-9
Overhead Squat
Burpees
-COMPLETED with 25lb bar in 7:21 (Coulda been a PR, but I don't think so...I don't
remember from the last time I did it months ago, because it was before I was writing my
workouts down)

I could definitely feel that I was getting back into it, having to use a lighter bar, but I didn't even think I would finish in the 8 minute time cap the Caleb (one of our coaches) gave us today. But, I did it. And while I was finishing I was reminded while I love the CF community. Each time I am at the gym all the coaches are pushing me, wanting me to go faster and harder and do better for myself, because they believe I can. And while I was struggling to finish tonight (like I said, burpees SUCK), all I could hear from the other Crossfitters and Caleb and Ari (another coach) was "Come on Alyssa! You can do it!" or "Down on the ground, get back up!!" It's the reason why I fell in LOVE with CF, and it's the reason why I continue to go!!!

Good luck fellow CF-ers! Stay strong!! 85 days to go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment