Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 of 90

Even though I got 10+ hours of sleep last night, I still didn't make it to CF. I figured it was best to take it easy after the migraine yesterday. I ended up just running errands done, and having a great quiet day. :) I had to grocery shop, hit the post office, write thank you notes, the usual stuff. And to solidify my choice of not going to CF? I took a 3 hour nap today too. I must be fighting something off. But then I got up and made myself stuffed peppers. Yum :)

No Workout today.

Food:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, chicken sausage
Snack - almond butter and apple
Snack - radishes and guacamole
Dinner - Stuffed peppers
Snack - to be determined...I don't think I ate too much today
Spicy Stuffed Peppers

3-4 bell peppers (I bought a 3 pack from Hannaford cause it was 3.99, and individually the red, orange and yellow were 3.99 a pound...better buy!)
1/2 onion
1 mushroom
1 lb ground turkey
2 cups grated cauliflower (I used frozen, and just mashed it up with a fork and my fingers)
garlic (minced from the jar)
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Crushed Peppers
Cayenne pepper
Cumin
Coconut oil
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Spray

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Clean all veggies, slice pepper tops off (about 1/2" to 1" from top...might have to go smaller if it is a smaller pepper), clean out the inside of the peppers as well
3. Prepare cauliflower, I microwaved it for a minute 30 and then mashed it with my fork and fingers (this way it was kinda soft, but not too hot to touch)
4. Cook turkey in skillet, and add Montreal steak seasoning. The recipe I used called for more pepper and salt, I left this out because I think there is plenty in the Montreal.
5. After turkey is done, remove from skillet (I just put it on a clean plate). Add a little coconut oil, onion, mushroom (the recipe I used called for a tomato, I'm not a huge tomato fan, but I always eat it...I just didn't have any in the house), and garlic to skillet and saute.
6. Add cauliflower, then turkey and mix for 2-3 minutes, this is when I added the crushed red
pepper, cayenne, and cumin to the mix.



7. Allow it to cool, then stuff the peppers, recap the peppers, then spray the outside of the peppers with coconut oil. (The recipe said to brush the outside with olive oil...I had the coconut spray...so I used it) :)
8. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes. Or until the peppers are golden brown and kinda soft. Mine came out perfect at 18 minutes. The left over meat mix that wasn't stuff-able, I just lined around the peppers to hold them up right and to bake the meat up for leftovers too :)

Enjoy!! I sure did!! :) I had guacamole around, so I added a little on the side, and that really added a great kick to the meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment