Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 of 90

Happy Thursday!! One more day til the weekend, and I am needing the weekend already...and it's a 3 day weekend!!!!

Work was the same as usual, slow though because of the weather. Although, in Averill Park, they are in a valley (which I didn't realize), so it barely looked like they got any snow last night, but they definitely had a ton of fog and gloomy-ness.

I spent a lot of my day trying to find a recipe for Paleo Chicken Wings because this weekend is FOOTBALL SUNDAY! (Don't worry, I know there are games on Saturday, but Sunday I am hanging out with the boys and watching the Giants) I think I have found a recipe and I will let you know on Sunday night how it turns out :)

Today CF was INSANE. Like these are the workouts the re-solidify the crazy that Caleb (one of our coaches) has talked about since literally DAY 1 of On Ramp. CRAZY. We did a work out called "Century"...and yes... the number 100 did come in to play...more than once. Here was the total work out:
I. Turkish Get-ups - 18lb kettlebell, we did 2 as a group (holy hard!!!), then worked on Pistols (1 legged squats)
II. "Century" - 30 minute time cap
100 kettlebell swings (American) - 26lb
5 minutes rest
100 burpees (I did 80)
5 minutes rest
100 Ab-mat situps
I finished at 28:30. Holy crap. Crazy. I thought I would do 60 burpees just to keep within the time cap, but when I got to 60, realized I had a few more minutes in the "burpee time frame", and Ari (another coach) helped push me to the decision to finish another 20. I'll probably hate her tomorrow for 5 seconds :)

Food for the day (it was left overs day!!)
Breakfast - Asian Shrimp Stir-Fry...finally gone!
Snack - Odwalla Berry Juice (10 oz around 830 am on my drive), pistachios (around 1130am)
Lunch - Wenda's Salad
Snack - Apple
Post-Workout Protein Shake
Dinner - Chicken Curry with Cauliflower "rice"

Tonight, I made chicken for tomorrow. Balsamic and Rosemary Chicken

3-4 chicken cutlets
olive oil
minced garlic
rosemary
salt
pepper
balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line baking pan with foil, and line chicken on it.
3. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each piece of chicken and rub it in.
4. I use the jar of minced garlic, and put a spoonful of what I think I will like on each piece, then take my spoon and spread the garlic all over each piece.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each piece of chicken
6. Sprinkle rosemary on chicken in an amount you find appropriate
7. Bake chicken for 25 minutes (well that's what my oven needs at 400 degrees)
8. If you are eating it that night, pour balsamic vinegar over chicken after it comes out of the over and you are about to serve it. If not, I plan to reheat my chicken, then pour the balsamic on.

Yum :) - sorry no pictures today, I rushed through making the chicken cause I wanted to eat dinner while it was baking haha, next time I make it...there will be pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment