Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 15 of 90

Today was Football Sunday. The Texans played the Ravens and the Giants are currently playing the Packers. Both games have been pretty good so far.

I decided I would try Paleo Pizza, Wings and Sweat Potato Fries for my friends and I that I was hanging out with. So here are the pictures, recipes and my thoughts...

Wings...
2.5lbs (1 frozen bag) of wings
1 cup almond flour
cayenne pepper
nutmeg
garlic powder
onion powder
lemon pepper
ground pepper
Italian seasoning
Coconut oil spray

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry powders together in a large bowl. Spray wings with coconut oil, a put them all in the bowl and mix til all covered. (this was pretty difficult, the powder wasn't sticking)
3. Place in baking pan, and spray again with coconut oil, place in oven. I did this for about 20 minutes cause my wings were frozen.
4. Flips wings, and spray again, and bake for another 10-15 minutes (until the wings are cooked).

This is what they looked like baking, and they had okay flavor. I was disappointed though. I guess it really just wasn't not what I was hoping for.

The Sweat Potatoes were too easy to mess up :)
3 sweat potatoes
coconut oil spray
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut and slice into fry size pieces
3. Place on baking sheet, spray with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper
4. Bake for a total of 25-30 minutes, but flip and re-spray about halfway through.

These had great taste and were really good. Not too crispy, but that's okay.

Finally, the Pizza. Which looks amazing. And I enjoyed the 1st piece, it was the 2nd piece I was a little overwhelmed with.

Crust:
3 cups almond flour
3 eggs
garlic powder
baking soda
olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together. Make a dough.
3. Spread dough on to baking sheet that was sprayed with coconut oil.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.

Toppings: I used hot italian sausage, pepperonis, red bell peppers, red onion (and put cheese on the part for my friends)

5. Cook toppings that need to be (ie: sausage)
6. Spread pizza/spaghetti sauce on crust
7. Add toppings
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Watching closely, the crust can burn easily.

Like I said, I enjoyed the first piece. The crust was nutty and almost a little too sweet for me. When I had a bite of crust with the onion though, it was a good bite. The 2nd piece I had to force myself to finish. But it was still good. We'll see if I make it again.

Overall, I was a little bummed by what I made. I know it wasn't the best for what I was showing my friends of the Paleo diet. Even more, it didn't satisfy my wanting of pizza and wings while being on the paleo diet. I followed what I could eat (no preservates, no cheese, no sugars), and tried. We'll see if I make it again, or if I can find something else to try.

Didn't hit CF today, been having a lot of muscle cramping...which is weird, but I started my multivitamin today to get a bit of potassium to deal. We'll see how it goes. CF tomorrow at 6pm, and a day off. Thank goodness :)


No comments:

Post a Comment