Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29 of 90

Is it really day 29 already? Wow. That means not only is this week 5 of the challenge, it's week 5 of my second to last rotation. 8 weeks of pharmacy school left!!

I was thinking last night about the CF and how fantastic it has been. The community of friends and the encouragement that I experience on a daily basis is really mind blowing. So many people that I have just merely encountered on Facebook in the 90 day challenge group or the ACF group that all have only positive and encouraging things to say, is nothing like I could ever have imagined. It really does make getting through this challenge a lot easier.

So today I decided it was time to try something new. One of these friends I only really talked to online, encouraged me to check out the Strongman class at CF today. I was nervous, thinking I could never do half of what they do there, but I'll go. I went, and got to meet some of those people that I only had chatted with facebook, and they were even more amazing in person!! Also, I had seen the Strongman coach, Cat, working out, and that lady is a beast. I had never really met her before today, and she was SOOOO kind, and even took the time to ask me what I thought about the lifts we did and ask me how I did since it was my first time. Blown away by the amazingness of yet another CF coach. Needless to say, I am super excited to make Strongman a part of my CF workout schedule and to start attending every Sunday!!

So CF:

Strongman class
-keg carry - 75lbs
-farmer carry - 120lbs in each hand (that's right 240lbs, and I did down and back in the
triple wide)
-attending Strongman class today really solidified that I can lift heavy weights. And that I need to not be too scared when I am in a workout. I need to just do it!!

Food:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 bacon
Snack - handful cashews before CF
Lunch - spicy stuff pepper
Snack - almond butter and apple
Dinner - beef and broccoli
Snack - still too early to tell...we will see if I need something before bed :)

Beef and Broccoli (I made enough just for one serving because I had bought grass fed beef a few weeks ago, and since it is so expensive, I only purchased 1/2 pound)

1/2lb beef
1 head bok choy
1/2 bag frozen broccoli
sesame oil
coconut aminos
ginger
garlic
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes

1. Heat sesame oil, ginger and garlic in stir fry pan
2. Add beef that has been cut up into 1" cubes.
3. When seared/cooked mostly to your liking add bok choy and broccoli. May add a little more sesame oil if needed.


4. Let simmer for a short amount of time, add coconut aminos (like 1-2 tablespoons), salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Let simmer a bit more, as it takes a bit of time for bok choy and broccoli to cook.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment