Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 of 90

Happy MLK Day! I got to enjoy a day off from rotation. So I spent most of my late morning, early afternoon with my friend Liz and her wonderful twins :) Gotta love cuddles with the babies!!!

Before I headed to CF, I made Chicken and Shrimp Veggie Lo-Mein. Sooo yummy, I was so excited to get home from the gym to eat it haha

Here's the recipe:
~3/4 lb chicken
~3/4 lb shrimp
1/2 head cabbage sliced
1/2 red onion sliced
6 mushrooms sliced
1 green onion bunch chopped
3 celery chopped
2 carrots shredded
almonds
water chestnuts
bamboo shoots
broccoli
minced garlic
ginger powder
coconut aminos
sesame oil

1. Heat sesame oil in large pot (like what you would make pasta in)
2. Add chicken that was cut into pieces and shrimp and cook until mostly done
3. Add broccoli, carrots, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and red onions into pot and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add cabbage, green onions, almonds, garlic, ginger, and about 2-4 tablespoons of coconut aminos.
5. Let cook down until cabbage is soft.
6. I let it simmer on low for a little bit until I was content with how it all mixed together and the almonds were crunchy but not too hard :)

Let's see food for the day was awful though:
Breakfast - I had left over pizza from Football Sunday. My friends didn't finish their 3/4's of the pizza, and I didn't want the $11 almond flour to go to waste, so I brought the left overs home. Their side had mozz cheese on it. It wasn't a lot. But it was cheese :(
No Snacks
Lunch - another slice of pizza cause I hadn't cooked for the day/week yet :(
No Snack
Dinner - Veggie Lo-Mein
Snack - probably an apple with some almond butter in a little bit

Total crap day...and I could tell I didn't have enough water today when I was working out.

Workout:
I. Group dynamic - running, high knees, butt kicker,s crab walks, etc
II. Hanging Squat Cleans 5x3
-65lbs, 75, 85, 95, 105 (probably shoulda pushed this a little more)
III. 12 Minute AMRAP
-10 wall balls (14lbs)
-5 toes to bars (knees to chest)
I completed 10 rounds +2 wall balls in the 12 minutes.

I also found rounds of Fran and Grace that I completed in November. Since I took the month of December off, I am using those 2 as my baseline scores for the 90 day challenge.

Fran: Thrusters and Ringrows -55lbs, I guess I didn't write down a time...crap.
Grace: 30 Clean and Jerks - 75lbs in 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Random Q...I guess because you said you made it then ate it after...are there rules for timing eating around CF? Like "don't eat X hours befor or you'll puke your guts up?" For yoga, it's three because of the heat and all the tummy time and inversions and twists. Also, do you know what I think of everytime you call it CF?!

    ReplyDelete