Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 of 90

Well, where to begin...

I woke up and headed straight to CF. I was excited to be there, to see some familiar faces, and to get back to it. Let me tell you, I didn't think that a month away would be awful...I knew I would be outta CF shape, but OMG...I felt like I was back at square one. NEVER AGAIN. Tops 2 days away...NEVER MORE!! :)

Post gym...you might say..."hey what'd you do for your second full day back home in Albany?" and my reply would be. Slept. I was wiped out. But it was a good wiped out. hahaha

So after a lot of hanging around, doing nothing and submitting 6 of my 8 applications for residency, I attempted to go to the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale. Let me tell you...TOTAL FAIL...line was all the way from the back of the store to the front of the store and crossed over into the 2nd room that they have. Insane. Walked right out. On a funnier note, as I was approaching the area of the mall where VS is...I knew exactly where I was headed. Since it is on the 2nd level of the mall here in Albany, all the boys and men that refused to go in because of their macho-ness, or due to their toting of children in large strollers, or whatever their reason was...just talking...waiting for their girl to exit from the line that is 45 minutes long. Just made me chuckle, and that you might like the laugh too.

So for the day...

CF workout:
I. HSPU 21-18-15-12-9-6 (scaled on the box)
II. 5 rounds of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats repeat x 3 (scaled to ring pull ups)
-after 2 rounds of the Rx...I had to scale back to 3-6-9 (I was wiped at this point) and only finished 4 total rounds.
III. Tabata flutter kicks.

Food:
Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs, an orange and a few cashews
Lunch - salad with balsalmic and olive oil, blue berries, and almonds
Dinner - Spaghetti with meat sauce!!!! AMAZING...now before you get your panties in a bunch...

Paleo Spaghetti:
1 - spaghetti squash
1lb ground turkey
1 jar organic, natural roasted garlic spaghetti sauce

Now...I used the jar of sauce because 1) I couldn't find a recipe quick enough that was paleo and that sounded good and b) spaghetti was a wicked last minute decision, so I didn't have time to wait for the sauce to cook appropriately. That said, I spent about 10 minutes looking at the jars at the grocery store...at the ingredients...and I was shocked to see how many different sauces put SUGAR in their sauces. I understand that it goes in there, but natural or organic shouldn't include sugar. Finally settled on the Price Chopper organic Fresh Market roasted garlic sauce. NO SUGAR. :)

So for the "noodles"...spaghetti squash.
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2) Cut the top of the squash off, and then slice the squash length-wise from top to bottom.
3) Scrap out all the seeds and stuff.
4) Bake for 25 minutes, and check the squash, you want it to string off like spaghetti when you take a fork to it :)
5) I ended up putting mine in there for another 5 minutes just to make it definitely cooked to where I liked it.



I made the sauce with ground turkey so I could get my protein for the meal.
And here's the final product.

So 1/2 of the squash, filled an entire large bowl, and I only was able to eat about half of it. I was so full. The first time I actually felt full the past 2 days of eating Paleo. YAY!! So I am saving the other half for later this week so I can have more spaghetti to satisfy my pasta craving! :)

Successful day 2!!

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa - congrats on a successful day 2! The "spaghetti" looks fantastic. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete