Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26 of 90

Today happened. I forgot my charger for my computer (that only runs for about 2 and a half minutes without being plugged in) so I couldn't get any productive work done at rotation today. Shocking. Tomorrow is my first interview, so I think that is having a lot to do with my forgetfullness, my anxiousness, my "tizzy" that I am in. Just gotta get through tomorrow. And the 3 weeks following that with interviews.

I had a great workout tonight. I had to get it in cause, let's face it, it makes me forget, it gives me something fun to do, and I really enjoy being there. Tonight was a lighter night, but a lot of heavy lifting. I pushed myself, threw on insane jumps in weight as I was trying to hit my heavy 1RM, and had a good night I think. We worked on some split jerks tonight, and that was awesome to see my stability, and I think I will be able to hit a high weight when we do a repeat at the end of the 90 day challenge. The coaches, Jay and Ari, that were there tonight were fantastic as always. Enjoyable, cheerful, and cheering the shit outta you to push harder. Loved it. At one point Jay just said "that's too light" and gave me an eye, and finished with "I'm not telling you to put on more weight" but that was enough to push me to put on more weight to finish my work out. Felt GREAT! Every work out I am always thankful for the coaches that know to push you, that know you can do better and want you to do better. That on top of the amazing community that I experience each and every time I attend just blows me away. Thank you everybody.

CF workout:
I. Split jerk training
II. 6 rounds w/ 3 minutes rest in between
-5 tough push presses (weight: 105, 95, 95, 95, 125!!)
-AMRAP pull ups (aka ring rows) - 10, 10, 9, 9, 10
II. 500m Row - 2:03 (thanks to my workout buddy Kim and great friend Karrah for cheering me on)

Food:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 chicken sausage
Snack - carrots, egg quiche thing that Kim brought me to work (amazing!), apple w/ almond butter (this whole snack really became my lunch)
Lunch - 1/2 Wenda Salad (cause I was hungry at like 230)
Snack - Cashews
Post-workout Protein
Dinner - Spaghetti squash and meat sauce

I gotta get to bed. Big day tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good workout! I love getting in the zone and being able to unplug from other concerns if just for a bit. You're really selling this CrossFit kool-aid!

    ReplyDelete