Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22 of 90

Holy I've finished 3 whole weeks with no carbs, no pasta, no sugar, no alcohol, no breads...woah.

Today I put some hours in doing research at the VA, but before I headed down to Albany, I set some meatballs and sauce cookin in the Crockpot! Wooo! Recipe and lots of pictures below.

No CF today cause it is Sunday, and Sundays = day of rest. I'm hoping to make 4 classes this coming week, but I am debating how I am going to do that...Thursdays game night have been moved to 8pm. If I have an interview on Friday like I think I am going to, I will have to skip games this Thursday, but we will see what happens.

Food:
Breakfast - wasn't up early enough
Snack - apple and almond butter
Lunch - 3 eggs and 3 bacon
Snack - nuts and cranberries/raisins mix
Dinner - Spaghetti squash and meatballs, roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower

Meatballs and Sauce

Meatball necessities:
1ish lbs ground beef (94% lean...probably why they didn't stay together very well)
1ish lbs spicy italian sausage
chopped celery
chopped carrots
chopped yellow onion
chopped garlic
2 eggs
1/3 cup almond flour
oregano
pepper
cayenne pepper
salt

Sauce extras:
spinach
red onion
mushrooms
zucchini

1. Chop all veggies up, put in large bowl.
2. Add everything else for meatballs into bowl, and mix together with hands.
3. Form into balls, and place into Crockpot

4. Cover with spaghetti sauce
5. Put red onion, mushrooms and zucchini (all chopped up) on top of sauce, add seasonings that you want in sauce.
6. Simmer for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low (just check the balls to see if they are cooked if you are getting close on time, but antsy cause of the great smell)
7. I added spinach when there was about 45 minutes to an hour left of cooking just so there were more veggies in the sauce.

8. Enjoy over spaghetti squash


No comments:

Post a Comment